This stretch is something that will help you overcome tightness from working all day and stiffness that developed after you last workout. Whether that be weight lifting running, or any activity that tests your system. I use this stretch after running and biking to get my hip extension back. These things can be limited due to being hunched over on a bicycle or from sitting all day at work or managing your kids in virtual school. I like to do this one at the end of the day when I am trying to relax in front of the tv, there is carpet and the couch is cushioned so I don’t need an ab mat or anything to cushion my knee.
This stretch is easy to do and helps get rid of knee and front of hip pain. I can’t tell you the number of people that are helped by this one stretch alone. If you want to learn more please contact me by hitting Book Now and schedule a free consultation, there are a ton of things that could be affecting you and this is just the first step toward getting you back to where you want to be.
Equipment needed: ab mat or some other cushion for your knee
1. Place your cushion next to the wall or couch or other object.
2. Get on all 4s next to the cushion
3. Please 1 x knee on the cushion with your knee all the way to the corner of the wall.
4. Squeeze your butt, maintain your butt squeeze throughout this activity
5. Push yourself up into the most upright position you can get to getting a strong stretch on the front of your leg that is down.
6. Make sure your butt is squeezed
7. Begin breathing slowing in through your nose and out your mouth. Emphasize belly breathing with breaths beginning with the belly then the chest. Hang out in this position for 2 minutes on each side.
Do this everyday. Is your butt squeezed?