I’ve put together a 30 Day Cold Shower Challenge. This is to help you get out of your comfort zone and start on your path of self development. This challenge is styled after a similar challenge by the Wim Hof Method.
I challenge you to take at least 21 cold showers over the next 30 days. This 30 day event ends on December 11th with my Ice Bath Workshop at MarDock 11-1pm. To help grease the skids: Those that can show they’ve taken 21 baths will get a 50% discount off the Ice Bath Workshop.
This challenge allows you to start your journey in bite sized steps. You will learn that 15 seconds isn’t really all that bad, and each day you will get to push yourself a little bit farther, stay in the water a little bit longer, and spend more time focusing your mind on staying calm in the stress of the cold.
Start off is easy mode:
- Take a regular hot shower and do all the regular hot shower things you do.
- Step out of the shower stream and turn the water to cold
- Focus your mind on the water, focus on cultivating calm, warmth, and control. Breathe fully but calmly, don’t force.
- Put one arm in the water, then the other, then each leg, then step in and spin your body around and your first 15 second cold shower is done. Control your breath when you enter the water, you will likely want to gasp (this is your body trying to protect you from the cold) maintain or regain a slow and controlled breath, keep repeating this until you breath returns to normal.
- Each day add more time spent under the water itself. Remember to focus your mind before you start, while you are in the water, and while you are recovering. Scan you body, see what you are feeling.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing you on December 11th for the Ice Bath Workshop: https://withribbon.com/s/363231